Friday, November 23, 2012

Can You Hear Me Now?

 I have to admit one of my favorite forms of new technology is digital audio. I love being able to add music or narration to digital stories. I also love listening and watching things on youtube. I have been looking for classes that teach and work with audio technology and I having been unable to find one I like.
 Since I haven't been able to find classes specifically for audio, I check out different tutorials.

I found this site to be very informative in regards to digital Audio.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual-1.2/tutorial_basics_1.html 
 
This Youtube video really gives good instructions on how to use Audacity.

 
I found the best way to add narration to my digital story was to use PowerPoint. It has an easy way to record your voice with a microphone. I would read what I wanted to say and click to go on to the next slide. When you listen back you are able to stop at the point you want to rerecord. Most of the slides I did fine on, but the one I had the concept map on took me quite a few times before it came out the way I liked.
 
This video explains the way to add narration to a PowerPoint presentation.
 
 
 
 Did anyone else add narration to their digital Stories?
 
What types of audio technology do you prefer?
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jodie.

    At first, I didn't think that adding my own voice to a project would be that effective (and who likes the sound of their own voice anyway?) But after creating a digital story with music and voice over, I was amazed at the effect that it had on my project. It definitely made it more personal and more emotional. (I made my brother cry - a good cry, mind you:))

    I actually used Windows Movie Maker on my project, and it seemed fairly simple to use overall. I love that you brought up YouTube tutorials - they have definitely been my saving grace when I have had a "how-to" question. I have learned much from YouTube! (And I always thought it was just for listening to music:) )

    You brought up some great points that I can truly relate to. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used Audacity in the past...you could have an entire course on it! I, however, did not add narration to my digital story. I prefer my students to use the digital presentation as a guide. I would want my students to explain and field questions about their project. Thus, I did not add or require audio or narration. Looking back, perhaps I could have added some backing music? But with ELL students as my audience, I feel that music might be a distraction to them. Once my program is over, I plan on learning more about movie maker and other forms of digital slideshows...Prezi was so cool to learn! I recommend Prezi to anyone else who reads this post! www.prezi.com

    ReplyDelete